Sunday, June 17, 2012

Political Deception

Abel Limas. A name synonymous with corruption, deception, and of course the inferiority of many of the officials elected in Brownsville and all of Cameron County for that manner. This individual symbolizes the main problem with our political atmosphere on the county. The lack of educated, credible, and sincere politicians who will serve for their constituents rather than their growing bank accounts. We see this example all the time with Villalobos being indicted, Limas of course, and many more who have fallen over the past years, seemingly too many to post on this blog. All of these individuals have a few things in common but the similarity I find most disturbing is the fact that they were all elected by the citizens of Brownsville or Cameron County. No matter what means these individuals used (politiqueras, paying individuals off, etc.) they were elected to serve and it is difficult to combat or question an individual who was elected by the democratic process as a regular citizen. Yes, the government eventually crashes down on them as it will inevitably on other in the near future namely the BISD Corrupt Trustees. However, what can you do as a citizen to prevent this? Go out and vote, and encourage others to vote. The reason these fools get elected is because it is very easy to win an election in which only a mediocre amount of votes are needed to get elected. If we can solve this problem, we will prevent individuals like Abel Limas, Armando Villalobos, and Pat Ahumada from even getting elected in the very first place. Together, as a community we must seek reform, because only that can save and change the political future of Brownsville and Cameron County. I greatly admire individuals such as Mary Helen Flores due to the fact that they fight for voter's rights and fair elections. She represents a large cause and I thank her for fighting for the betterment of our society and it's future. We can change the future, and as a community we must seek reform. Happy Father's Day to all and have an amazing day from my family to yours!

18 comments:

  1. Political Deception is so true in the runoff race for the 34th Congressional seat. Filemon Vela has voted Republican since 2005, has his wife running as a Republican for Judge, has donated money to Republicans to run against Democrats, has contributed money to Texas County Republican Parties, along with John McCain, Rudy Guliani, John Cornyn, Blake Farenthold and gave money to Solomon Ortiz and Kay Bailey Hutchinson so they can name the federal courthouse after his father. He is so dishonest and will in up spending half a million dollars of his own money for HIS special poltical interest.(article, Huffington Post) Filemon Vela is a REPUBLICAN in sheeps clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In order for a community to seek reform, we must mobilize people to not only register to vote but to vote as well. At the same time, we inform them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is writing this - some middle school student? Not only are the arguments tired and the observations of other local bloggers, but this blogger appears to be merely typing and not offering depth. Tell us something we don't know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She said she is new to this, give her a chance to hone her journalistic skills. This blogger's writing style is way better than MMB and BB. If you don't like it, don't click on the link.

      Delete
  4. I respect your opinion, and I am trying to voice my opinion on the issues and I respect yours. If you want to criticize me go right ahead, I am trying my best. I have sincere intentions and I wish to help our community change it's past ways. Whether or not I am the best blogger I know I am not in all honesty, however I do feel I provide unbiased and consistent opinions politically. Thanks for your input though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bro. Truth said, "...what can you do as a citizen to prevent this?..."
    STOP ELECTING DEMOCRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Who is writing this - some middle school student?)

    Agree. Only reason I'm even here was cause Jim Barton was promoting it. What I'd really love to know is who the editor of this publication is? Cause I'm willing to bet it's some really old woman.

    Mickey Spagnola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mickey, let me tell you a few things. First of all, I am not an old woman. Second, I said from the start that I am far from an expert blogger. I did not start this because I want to be the supreme blogger or anything of that nature. I did it because I was personally wronged by a political group of imbeciles (I wonder who that could be) and felt the need to speak my mind about how I feel about the issues. I'm sick and tired of incidents where groups can be paid off to support a candidate, or any of the other means of corruption we see in the political process here in Brownsville. This is simply a blog to voice my concerns and opinions. And please I'm open to criticism, tell me what I'm doing wrong and what to work on. In the end, I want this blog to better itself, so any help is welcomed.

      Delete
    2. It's obvious that Mickey Spagnola is a typical liberal, brings nothing of substance to the table but personal attacks. How discriminatory comment to say, "... I'm willing to bet it's some really old woman..." What ever happen to "tolerance" you lefties demand. Spagnola if you are incapable of debating the issues, offer solutions then just go crawl under the rock you came from.

      Delete
    3. And if the publisher is some old woman, what? Would her age and gender make the opinions expressed here any less credible or valuable than that of the other local blogs written by old men? I wish this publisher the best of luck and I hope this does not turn into an anti-cheezmeh blog. That is so old already. Whatever happened happened, get over it and move on. The blogosphere needs unbiased unpaid reporting.

      Delete
    4. I understand you, and would like to first and foremost point out that I am a male not a female lol I will not be a purely anti-cheezmeh blog but when incidents occur with the group I will mention their actions as they actually occurred.

      Delete
    5. She's not an old...right Zeke Silva!

      Delete
  7. Don't let the naysayers stop you from blogging. It is much easier to make anonymous comments trashing someone else's work than it is to put something out there yourself.

    But if you are going to try to better Brownsville politics, prepare yourself for heartbreak. The problem with our politicians is that they are a reflection of who we are as a community. They are corrupt because our community has a corrupt heart. We embrace corruption because we wnat its benefits--whether it is fixing a ticket, getting a minor criminal case dismissed, or getting a job or contract. Until voters start making decisions based on the good of the community, rather than who can do them favors, nothing will change.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for starting your blog. We need all the forums we can possibly find for getting out the truth about what goes on at BISD, City, County, etc. We sure can't depend on the Bville Herald or any of the local stations. Without the Brownsville Voice, no one knows anything about the evil doings at BISD. We hope that Bobby will return. Good luck in this endeavor, hang in there and don't let the ugly comments get to you. Also appreciate that your blog is not heavily peppered with profanity like another blog and it appears that you are not paid for your articles, like another blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to the last 2 commenters for the support, you're the people that'll keep me going. I want to voice what I see and spread awareness of the problems in BISD, Brownsville in general, and the county. Again, thank you so much for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brownsville Truth, thank you for being a new fresh voice...now start commenting on the upcoming runoff election on july 31st. Denise-Saenz Blanchard vs Filemon Vela; Carlos Masso vs Luis Saenz; Yolanda Begum vs Erin Garcia; Pete Avila vs Evelardo Gomez; Ruben Cortez vs Mrs. Celeste; Jessica Puente Bradshaw vs Adela Garza and any other I might have missed. Its time to start commenting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete